General Management and Project Management
Short to medium term Availability
Jason is available to perform short to medium term (1 month to 2 year) general and project management services.
General Management - Interim, Contract, Part-Time
Jason is available for short to medium term general management roles. This may include
- CEO, Chief Executive Officer,
- General Manager
- CFO, Chief Financial Officer
Typically, Jason's general management roles are characterised by:
- Detailed analysis of the business model and its processes and preparation of financial forecasts to fully understand the business.
- Finding and implementing cost saving measures.
- The re-engineering of marketing and human resource strategies with a focus on putting more horsepower behind product/service delivery and sales and finding savings and efficiency gains in administration.
- The simplification of cash flow management and accounting systems to provide relevant and timely information.
- The review of both major and minor processes and accounting systems to identify and implement simplified processes.
- The introduction of "cut to the chase" weekly management reporting systems for the Board or other interested stakeholders within the organisation.
- Preparation of marketing and business plans
General Management Experience
Jason's general management experience includes:
- 2012 - General Manger of a 5,600 acre irrigated cotton and grain farm that was in liquidation
- 2008 to 2012 - Part Time CFO of the family office of private investors with interests agricultural property
- 2006 to 2007 - Interim CEO of CSIRO owned Funnelback a developer of web based enterprise search products and SaaS
- 2004 to 2006 - Managing Director of Imagination Corp a developer of web based business applications and web content management provider
- 2002 to 2004 - Interim CEO of venture capital backed Biovend a developer of web enabled point of use of freezers for the secure and smart dispensing of biological reagents
Project Management Experience
Jason's project management experience includes:
In 2005 Jason managed four web based projects from inception to completion: They were:
- On behalf of Canberra-based Australia Pork Ltd, Australia’s national body representing the pork industry, Jason project managed the design, development and implementation of a customised web-based benchmarking system for approximately 60 pork producers throughout Australia.
- Jason project managed the design, development, funding and implementation of a customised web-based media release publishing and distribution platform, NewsMaker
- Jason project managed the design, development, implementation and training of a customised web-based manufacturing work order, including scheduling, inventory, sales CRM and an invoicing system for Australia’s leading manufacturer of roadside safety products
- User acceptance testing for a web based event content management system for Tourism Tasmania, a unit of the Tasmanian Government.