Jason is an experienced marketer who can assist business and organisations to develop holistic marketing strategies and marketing plans.
Jason is a Certified Practicing Marketer and Associate of the Australian Marketing Institute.
The marketing strategy development and marketing plans typically include:
- Opportunity Search
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats Analysis (SWOT).
- Strategy formulation and portfolio planning
- Service Systems
Opportunity Search and KISS Design
The marketing strategies and marketing plans we develop are based around the facilitation of extensive opportunity search and the the KISS Keep It Simple Stupid principle. JB&Co marketing plans are succinct and cut to the chase.
In the early 90’s Jason sat on the Board of the Tasmanian branch of the Australian Marketing Institute and since then has been involved in the development and implementation of numerous successful marketing programs, both for himself in entrepreneurial purists and on behalf of client companies.
Some highlights have included:
- Assisting The Freckled with the development of international product, distribution and promotional strategies. The Freckled Frog manufactures a range of over 100 unique educational toys which is sold in many countries including the United Kingdom, the USA, Singapore and Germany.
- Assisting hundreds of Tasmanian tourism operators with their online marketing strategies including online booking, Google Adwords, Search engine optimsation, website design and copy refinement, preparation of digital marketing collateral and social networking.
- The establishment of Imagination Corporation, a products trading company that imported super absorbent hair towels from Japan for distribution in Australia via David Jones , Myer and specialty Australia retailers. Imagination Cop also imported aroma therapy candles from Arizona and sold them throughout Australia. Imagiantion Corp also established Imagination Corp North America which exported from Australia a range of infant baby shoes for distribution through baby retailers in the US and via trade shows.
- The establishment of Pandora Luggage Solutions, a company that invented the global niche for aluminium hairdressing and make-up cases. Pandora, designed the products, had them manufactured in China and via distributors and attendance at international hair shows sold cases into the US, Italy, Mexico , Norway, Australia and Canada.
- Market research for the establishment of a recycled rubber roof tile importation and distribution business in the USA
- Developing marketing plans for University of Queensland’s Gatton Campus Halls of Residence and the campus motel.
- As a venture capitalist, Jason assisted two Australian companies establish their sales and marketing channels in the US. DSP Media, an LA based developer of digital post production consoles. The target market of DSP Media were post production studios for the TV and cable segment Biovend, a San Diego based company and developer of point of use dispensing technologies for biological reagents. Biovend’s target market was the world’s largest manufactures of biological reagents, billion dollar companies based throughout Southern California and Europe.
- Creating, founding, developing and selling NewsGallery (now called NewsMaker) an online media release and publishing platform.
- Founding and growing to 6 employees, Imagination software, a web software development and content management company that from start-up developed a client base including the Tasmanian Events Calendar for the Tasmanian Department fo Tourism, Australian Pork Limited and over 30 SMEs across a wide range of sectors.
- As CEO, Jason overhauled the marketing strategy for Funnelback, Australia’s enterprise search company, implementing a range of programs, appointing distributors and increasing the sales of the fledging company culminating in the company landing the largest enterprise search contract in Australia.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of web marketing strategies and implementation techniques that encompass Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), online public relations (PR), email mail out programs and the use of social media sites to communicate with and engage with clients.
- Involved in the sales and hedging of a number of agricultural commodity products including cotton, sorghum, wheat, canola and milk.